THE LAND BETWEEN
DAVID FEDELE – director / producer / cinematographer / editor
David is an award-winning documentary filmmaker, traveler, wanderer, dreamer, musician, part-time philosopher and full-time incessant thinker.
He entered the world of documentary filmmaking through a love of travel and exploring different cultures, having traveled extensively throughout Australasia, Europe, the Middle East, South America and Africa.
Generally working alone, self-producing and self-funding his projects, David is particularly interested in exploring cultural, humanitarian and social justice issues.
His films have covered such diverse topics as sub-Saharan African migration in Morocco, electronic waste in Ghana and illegal logging in Papua New Guinea, and have been screened and broadcast widely, winning numerous awards around the world. All of his films are available to watch online for free HERE.
David’s latest film THE LAND BETWEEN (2014, 78mins) follows sub-Saharan African migrants living in the mountains of northern Morocco, dreaming of entering Europe for a better life. The film premiered and was awarded “Best Feature-length Documentary” at the FIFE International Environmental Film Festival in Paris, and has since been broadcast and screened widely around the world, winning many awards including Naples Human Rights Film Festival (Best Film), Festival of Migrant Film (Best Film) and Lampedusa Infestival (Best Film). It was also screened at the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium in 2015.
Following a successful crowdfunding campaign, David’s current film in production is CLANDESTINE CROSSING, a unique collaboration with a refugee from the Ivory Coast, Adama Konaté. This film will follow Adama’s personal journey across the West African migratory route; an intimate account of one of the most dangerous journey’s on earth, that countless West Africans are forced take everyday in search of a new and better life.
David was selected to participate in Berlinale Talents as part of Berlin International Film Festival in February 2014. He was also a jury member at the Cinema Planeta International Environmental Film Festival 2014 in Cuernavaca, Mexico, and President of the jury at the SREM International Environmental Film Festival 2015 in Srem, Serbia.
THE LAND BETWEEN – 78mins/2014 (Produced, Directed, Filmed & Edited by David Fedele)
– WINNER “Best Feature-length Documentary” – FIFE International Film Festival 2014 – France
– WINNER “Best Film” – International Migrant Film Festival 2014 – Ljubljana, Slovenia
– WINNER “Best Film” – Lampedusa In Festival 2014 – Lampedusa, Italy
– WINNER “Best Film” – Naples Human Rights Film Festival 2014 – Naples Italy
– WINNER “Crossroads Award” – Festival delle Terre 2014 – Rome, Italy
– SPECIAL MENTION – Antenna Documentary Film Festival 2014 – Sydney, Australia
E-WASTELAND – 20mins/2012 (Produced, Directed, Filmed & Edited by David Fedele)
– WINNER “Best Australian Short Documentary” – Antenna Documentary Film Festival 2013 – Australia
– FINALIST “Best Documentary Science, Technology & The Environment” 2013 – Australia
– WINNER “Best Editing” – Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA) 2013 – U.S.A.
– FINALIST “Best Short Documentary” – Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA) 2013 – U.S.A.
– WINNER “Low Budget – Big Impact” – Wildlife Vaasa International Nature Film Festival 2012 – Finland
– WINNER “Special Prize of the Jury” – Matsalu Nature Film Festival 2012 – Estonia
BIKPELA BAGARAP (Big Damage) – 43mins/2011 (Produced, Directed, Filmed & Edited by David Fedele)
– WINNER “Best Newcomer – ROSCAR Award” – Wild Talk Africa Film Festival 2013 – South Africa
– FINALIST “Best Documentary Short” – Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA) 2013 – U.S.A.
– WINNER “Audience Choice Award” – Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival 2012 – Malaysia
– WINNER “Special Mention” – The Village Doc Film Festival 2012 – Milan, Italy
PNG STYLE – 88mins/2010 (Produced, Directed & Filmed by David Fedele)
– WINNER “Best Documentary” – Portobello Film Festival 2010 – London, United Kingdom